Countdown to April 29 to PERMANENTLY close M. R. Reiter. Ask the board to see the 6 point plan.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

What is a blog?

I received this piece of criticism today:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Secret Meeting Agenda Revealed": This is not a true blog whereas the blogmaster is clearly biased towards his own agenda. He is selective in his publications and it's ok to publish if the criticizm points to the other side. Like it or not, he should publish both sides. If he wants to have a real blog, he should get real.

My quick response was simple:

Save The School has left a new comment on your post "Secret Meeting Agenda Revealed": Of course I'm biased. I do not have to be fair and balanced. But if you want to put together a defense for the secret meeting, be my guest. I'll post it.

For the record, no one has posted a defense of the school board actions. I post almost everything that is sent. There have been a few really vicious personal attacks that I have deleted. Other than that, what you see is what I see.


So, "What is a blog?" Google provides several answers and you can feel free to read them at your leisure.

This blog is my opinion. That's it. I'm grateful to have people who read it and comment, and I welcome all contributions. But, once your three minutes are up, I also reserve the right for comment and response.

I recognize the writing, misspellings and all. I believe this is the same anonymous commenter who was the reference for this post and this post.

They never followed through with my request to send something...anything...to back up their story. Their silence was my cue to ignore them and move on.

I'll print items that do support the Emperor and his Court of Toadies. Don't expect me to do so silently. If you want someone to print your stuff without comment, contact the BCCT to submit your guest opinion. This is not the place.

I do give voice to the dissenters. Take a look at Steve Worob's letter from the BCCT. I reprinted it completely. I also commented on it, and most of his arguments fell by the wayside once examined. Even the commenters at the BCCT website saw through his claims, however I note that Steve has responded with offers for copies of his book.

Steve: I will print any of your claims, excerpts from your book or writings, or other items. Send it off to me in printable form with some sort of proof or research. I'll clearly label it as your personal work, take no responsibility for publishing other than to provide the digital ink, and off we go.

Anonymous commenter(s): Ditto.

The ball's in your court now, and unless something gets submitted, I'm not going to revisit this issue again. [NOTE: Sorry to let the "parent" side of me come out, but this is like talking to a teenager for the umpteenth time today about the same subject. The softly spoken and nicely phrased correction speech from the first time around becomes quite a bit blunter by the fourth recitation. Parents, please tell me you have the same issues with your kids. :) ]

No comments: