Countdown to April 29 to PERMANENTLY close M. R. Reiter. Ask the board to see the 6 point plan.

Friday, April 24, 2009

"I will never, never, ever be responsible for any child because I am a school board member"

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming response. I now have a copy of the emails.

Ladies and gentlemen: Introducing Marlys Mihok, Morrisville Borough School Board Secretary addressing her lord liege, the Emperor.


From: dxxxxxxxaol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 9:27 AM
To: Heater, Gloria
Subject: Re: zoning issues

Dear King,
I have tried to comprehend Gloria's e-mails to you about the homeless kids and the school boards responsibility to them. Just to let you know I will never, never, ever be responsible for any child because I am a school board member.
Never had kids of my own and I certainly don't want anyone else's kids. If I have to take kids home and feed and cloth them, tuck them in and send them to school I'm afraid I'll need a pass. Never realized I was responsible to the extent that Gloria is saying. I just volunteered to be a school board member, not a mother. WHERE DOES SHE COME UP WITH STUFF? I hope she takes her medication before tonights meeting.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Disgusting. Disturbing. Heinous. Two-faced. Bitter. Mean.

Just what I expected from a "child safety advocate".

Peter said...

"I will never, never, ever be responsible for any child because I am a school board member."OUTRAGEOUS!

Whether you like it or not, Marlys, you ARE responsible for all children in the district, homeless or otherwise. What happened to all the flowery b.s. about "the kids" you put out there when you were elected?

I guess I always knew that Marlys felt this way, but to see it in writing (hers!!!) is like a poke in the eye -- you see it coming but it still hurts and makes your eyes tear anyway.

It is inconceivable to me that this is acceptable behavior and people actually voted for this! And with the election coming up, do we really want to "Stay On Track"? Does staying on track mean more of this?

I've said it before... it is a SCHOOL BOARD, not a taxpayers advocacy group. Your first responsibility (there's that word again) is to the students. We don't expect you to cloth [sic] them, just make sure they are safe and get a *quality* education. Otherwise they grow up to be bitter old people concerned only about themselves.

Ken said...

Does she really start her letters to Hellmann off with "Dear King"?

Puh-leeese!

Jon said...

Not always - sometimes she starts them off with "My King" or "My Emperor".

Variety is the spice of life!