Countdown to April 29 to PERMANENTLY close M. R. Reiter. Ask the board to see the 6 point plan.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Galloway is FOR the PA Taxpayer

Thanks for this email submitted by a reader from Rep. Galloway. It looks like the Democrats and Rep. Galloway are working FOR the Pennsylvania taxpayer. The Republicans? The Republicans tried to stop the funding requested by Governor Rendell. Senator McIlhenney? I guess you'll have to ask him yourself.

Independence from school property taxes closer than ever

I am pleased to announce that on the eve of the Independence Day holiday, we are closer than ever to independence from school property taxes.

On July 3, I voted to move a bill out of the House Finance Committee that would eliminate school property taxes and replace them with an increase in the state sales and/or income tax (read more about it).

Eliminating school property taxes was a promise I made to the people of the 140th Legislative District, and it is a promise I work tirelessly to keep, which is a key reason why I am here in Harrisburg working through the July Fourth holiday (hear my comments).

Please visit my Web site to sign a petition to help keep the momentum going on eliminating school property taxes.

As always, please contact me if I may be of service to you and your family, and may you have a happy and safe Fourth of July.

1 comment:

Jon said...

The bill that Galloway is supporting is House Bill 1600. Does anyone know more about it? Apparently it has just undergone a total re-write.

As per the link below, the Pennsylvania Taxpayers Cyber Coalition (PTCC) denounces it as 'another fraudulent property tax "relief" measure' and calls for its immediate defeat. This group supports House Bill 1275, the one that Sharon Hughes always mentions at board meetings. I don't know much at all about House Bill 1600, but applying George Costanza-like "opposite" principles, I gotta think it can't be all that bad.

http://mysite.verizon.net/drbsr
/PTCCWeb/HB1600.htm