Countdown to April 29 to PERMANENTLY close M. R. Reiter. Ask the board to see the 6 point plan.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From the mailbag

From the mailbag. It seems like some of the parents are getting ticked.

The recipient was 00statbd@psupen.psu.edu. Doesn't sound familiar? That's the Pennsylvania State Board of Education.

STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
Voice: 717-787-3787
E-Mail 00statbd@psupen.psu.edu

Anyone else want to email, write, or call? Drop me a line and I will print it here also. Here's a list of the state board's members and other contacts.

P.S. Thanks for the blog mention!


To Whom It May Concern:

I’m not sure who I need to address this too, so I decided that since your name was at the top of the email address list, I would start with you. I am a VERY concerned parent in the Morrisville Boro School District . I feel that my concerns and the concerns of other parents in this district are not being heard. I’m not even sure if the PDE is the place to start. I plan on writing to whoever will listen. Rumors travel fast in this town and at this point all we have is the rumors because some of the school board directors refuse to give us a plan for the future of our children’s education. The parents of Morrisville are extremely disappointed in the manner at which these individuals are behaving. Some have made remarks that they are only on the board to lower taxes. I think that a school board director should be there for the education of the children in the district. Some residents have been posting their concerns on a website, www.savethemorrisvilleschool.blogspot.com, this seems to be our only outlet. More and more residents are attending meetings, but I feel that the point is not getting thru to the school board. The latest thing that I read today was that they are going to run the school district in to the ground so that the State needs to take over.

The 2008-2009 budget was approved last week, the administration has said time and time again that with this new budget there will NOT be adequate money to educate the special education children. The charter and alternative schools amount will not be enough money to provide what is needed for the district.

If there is an individual that should get this email, I hope that you would forward it along to that person. If you are unable to forward it along, I would appreciate a name or department where I can voice my concerns.

No comments: