Countdown to April 29 to PERMANENTLY close M. R. Reiter. Ask the board to see the 6 point plan.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Borough Council Meeting Tonight

Reminder of borough council meeting tonight. There's a referendum proposed to raise the millage supporting the Morrisville Ambulance Squad funding.

GOVERNMENT
Morrisville Council: 7:30 p.m., borough hall, 35 Union St. Agenda: public comment; regular reports; consider traffic ordinance amending Chapter 435 of the code of ordinances for vehicles and traffic; consider amendment to zoning ordinance for sign regulations; consider resolution to place a referendum on the Nov. 4 ballot to approve a millage increase in the EMS fund to support the Morrisville Ambulance Squad; consider advertising a public hearing for Aug. 12 on the use of the CDBG funds; consider two 3-year appointments to the Morrisville economic development corporation. 215-295-8181

___________________________________

Possible referendum in November for Morrisville voters
Posted in News on Sunday, July 20th, 2008 at 6:47 pm by Courier Times staff writer Danny Adler

MORRISVILLE — Voters in Morrisville may get their say on a millage increase to bulk up the borough’s EMS fund and support the Morrisville Ambulance Squad.

A resolution to place a referendum on the Nov. 4 ballot will be considered at Monday night’s council meeting, scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at borough hall, 35 Union St.

The referendum will ask voters whether they want the borough to increase the EMS fund to 2 mills, which is 1.5 mills more than permitted by the borough code without being approved through a successful referendum, officials have said.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am firmly against raising the millage rate to increase EMS funding. I am on a fixed income and I never use the EMS services. Let those who use them pay for them. Why should we be burdened with those costs.

Additionally, I never need the police either. Why should I be paying taxes to fund a police force I never use. I am a law abiding citizen, and no one ever bother me. i have not ONCE ever had the need to call a cop, and so I should not have to be paying for their overpriced salaries.

And another thing. I never drive in Manor Park. So why should I be paying for road repair or snow removal or street lighting in that part of town.

An the park too. I don't use it. And I have no kids in school.

Come on now. I am on a fixed income. i hardly ever even leave my house, let alone use these public services. My taxes should be pro-rated to those that I do use. let others pay for those services.

Jon said...

If ignorance is bliss, why are the folks who think like this so angry and bitter?

Anonymous said...

Jon, I hope you're being as sarcastic as Mr. Lon Lee Mann. Is your sarcasm meter broken? This is clearly a parody of a stop the schooler. At least I hope it is. If not, we are in REAL trouble.

Jon said...

The meter's workin'. I knew it was a parody, but it also doesn't seem to be far from the way a good many people think. I guess I was just wondering aloud why they're so miserable. Maybe I don't want to know, especially if it's contagious.

Anonymous said...

Jon, Just be glad that you aren't one of these people. Imagine going through life angry and bitter. It's gotta suck.

Anonymous said...

I hear that video taping public meetings helps contain the anger!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone really still use tape? I mean come on, this is the 21st century, and digital is the way. Mechanical media is so 1980's.

And, referenda are abdication of leadership to chaos. But, why should I expect anything more from this crew?

Jon said...

This referendum looks like it was required, rather than optional. Anyone know the truthiness?