Countdown to April 29 to PERMANENTLY close M. R. Reiter. Ask the board to see the 6 point plan.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Poutpourri for $1000, Alex

Wow. It's nice to be back online. It just goes to show you that virus and trojan applications are not 100% effective 100% of the time. I got a nasty trojan that wreaked the proverbial havoc with my hard drive. While my current puter was down, I was working on an old machine that was state of the art in the early 90s, which is to say, prehistoric. Dialing into AOL via modem for the first time in years was another piece of nostalgia that I did not miss in the least.

I'm working with a new hard drive that has 3x the capacity of my old drive, and since I had actually backed up this farking thing in March, I only lost a little bit of data.

My PSA for the day: If you play online, make sure you play safely. Always use a backup.

I have missed a lot. There was a borough council meeting where Gateway again was a topic of conversation but gained no forward momentum; we had another school board business meeting and ambulance crews were not involved (unless, shhhhh...it was a secret ambulance crew); budget work sessions are coming up; and there's a new solicitor coming to town.

There's a lot of feedback as a result of the mention from Kate Fratti, and maybe we can discuss that as well. Are we the "sour grapes brigade", or are we well and truly pointing out the Emperor sans culottes?

Morrisville: We can do better than this. You need to get up from the front of the TV and get involved. Become educated on the issues and show up at the borough council and school board meetings. Speak your mind, and keep them accountable. Those people up on the dais? Keep in mind they work for you, not the other way around.

I also understand that I've been branded a traitor and a coward by a member of the borough council. Should I be offended or grateful? I'm not sure.

I'll pick up the ball again and be posting more as I sort through items. Please let me know if there are any topics you want discussed as well.

Thank you everyone for your emails of concern and interest. It was really great to see all those emails piled up.

Thank you for the flames as well. The emails delighting in my silence and potential demise were greatly exaggerated and premature. They're also one heck of an incentive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess even Taiwan has it's own Steve Worob.

Taiwan education minister known for shoving, screaming, sleeping ways

TAIPEI - Taiwan's cabinet will soon lose one of its more colorful members, who was notorious for sleeping in parliament, shouting at legislators, picking his nose in public and shoving a journalist.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back Blogger (or is it Bloggist?).
I was at the Boro Council Meeting on Monday. For all the despair generated by the Secret School Board, the Borough Council Meeting was a (mostly) hive of future thinking residents presenting their view on the Gateway project.
By my count there were 13 speakers in favor, 7 against, and 4 who did not comment on the project.
I'd even give the council a pass on their decision to table the motion, providing the fact that they are working (as Council President Sherlock requested) on it now.
Highlight of the night: Councilperson Worob was referred to as "My Patriotic Co-Consul" by former Councilperson Buckman.
For a moment I thought we might get a flag pin debate.

Save The School said...

As long as the name is spelled correctly on the paycheck, you can call me whatever you want.

Right...I'm not paid for doing this...Let me rethink this strategy.

That's a truly great report. We're beginning to be working together as a community. Let's keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Yes...welcome back "Save" I was beginning to wonder what I was going to do with all my cowardly sarcasm!
Rufffffff Ruffffffffff, If I only had a heart! We're off to see the wizard!