Countdown to April 29 to PERMANENTLY close M. R. Reiter. Ask the board to see the 6 point plan.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Comic Relief

I found these two Dilbert cartoons recently talking about budgeting and design in the real world that seemed to refer back to budgeting and the radical shifts being made from the world of the possible into the Twilight Zone of Unreality that has become a hallmark of the new Morrisville School Board.

Then...Santa Claus made an unannounced late visit. I thank the gifted graphic artist who provided us with the seal of approval for Morrisville's school budgets!




I'll have to add "Leadership by Words" to my business lexicon along with "developing synergies" and "involuntarily downsized." Oops, sorry to all the high school teachers, I should have never said that.



And once we apply this regal seal, ask the question...are we REALLY bringing out the best, or preparing for bringing out the dead?

Note: In the office pool, I have the 4-6PM slot today for a witty commentary from jon. While I do appreciate everyone's comments, jons are pretty much along my same style of humor and I look forward to them!

3 comments:

Jon said...

Whew, that's a lotta pressure!

Anyway, I've given this some thought, and as far as I can tell, there are more differences than similarities between Hellmann's Mayonnaise (HM) and William Hellmann, CPA (WHCPA). To mention just a few:

Awards/Prestigious Appellations:
HM = Blue Ribbon
WHCPA = CPA

Slogan:
HM = "Bring Out the Best!"
WHCPA = "That's why I'm here"

Primary Use(s):
HM = Make sandwiches moist, bind various salads together
WHCPA = Drain budgets dry, put School District in a bind

Served with:
HM = Sandwiches, salads
WHCPA = Hopefully a subpoena

Substitutes:
HM = Miracle Whip
WHCPA = "Substitutes? Why do we need 'em, can't we just get some volunteers?"

Peter said...

Not quite Jon, but how's this?

"Bring out the Hellmann's and bring out unrest."

Ken said...

Substitutes:
HM = Miracle Whip
WHCPA = "Substitutes? Why do we ..."


Quite frankly, I think WHCPA could use a good Miracle Whip to get him into shape.